Kamis, 21 Februari 2013
PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world.
Opportunity exists for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job Assignment in Sengata-East Kalimantan for the positions of:
Senior - Contract Specialist (Code : SCS)
Kalimantan Timur - Sangata
- Supervise and always promoting team work and manage delegation necessarily among Contract Specialist.
- Tender development and processing from tender issuance until contract award plus contract development in timely manner for all contract requests for both long-term service format and projects format.
- Facilitate and drive resolution meeting to obtain improvements for each issue in tendering process, ongoing contracts and post-contracts.
- Ensure and maintain tender or contract include KPC Standard as required and follow the procedure especially CMS procedure.
- Deliver analytical and negotiation skill to achieve the best cost, direct/indirect operation cost for KPC.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process of ongoing contracts.
- Interpret contracts providing advice and support to operational personnel in contracts management.
- Direct support to line management in overseeing the administration of the contracts and ensure the Contractors comply with its obligations and responsibilities set out in the contract.
- Provide contractual support to the Project Management Team, during all phases of the Work in terms of claim management and any contractual issues arising from technical problems.
- Review and provide comments to project specification, policies and procedures proposed by Contractors for the execution of the Work leading to acceptance.
- Monitor the Contractor’s performance of its contractual obligations and all of Contractor’s Subcontractors and/or Suppliers.
- Ensure that all contractual matters are properly documented and notified to the appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Analyze proposed contract change orders and amendments and make appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare and establish a master file for the Contract documentation.
- Ensure commitment and expenditure amounts for the Contract are monitored and reconciled, and that contract close-out values are agreed with the Contractors after completion of each element of the Work.
- Ensure that all documentation required to verify Certificate of Take-Over, Practical Completion & Release-Discharge, and Final Completion is complete.
- Prepare any reports in relation to insurance claims and follow-up with the Contractor any warranty claims, and resolve in accordance with the Contractor’s obligations and responsibilities.
- Effect contract close-out and ensure smooth transition and handover to operations.
- Provide assistance to Supt. Procurement Expansion.
- Draft regular monthly report of overall Contracts’ performance for Procurement Expansion Manager.
- Contract Monitoring System (Claim, Reporting and other deliverables).
- Continuous review on current procedure.
- Tertiary education in Industrial Engineering/ Commercial/ Law from a reputable university.
- As a guide, a minimum of 4th years’ experience in contracting and procurement activities either within a project or miningindustries.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present positions & remuneration and your latest color photograph) no later than 10 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address:
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal
PO Box 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or E-mail : email@example.com
Please indicate the position code in the email subject
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED