Rabu, 15 April 2009
EC-Indonesia Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Su
The EC-Indonesia Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Support Project, a project of the European Commission and the Ministry of Forestry, is seeking to recruit a committed individual to be based in Pontianak, West Kalimantan on contract basis as:
REMOTE SENSING/GIS SPECIALIST
Under the authority and supervision of the Assistant Team Leader and the Head of the Provincial Project Implementation Unit the GIS/Remote Sensing Expert will be responsible for maintaining and updating the projects monitoring system for illegal logging and forest cover change in selected target areas of West Kalimantan province.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyze remote sensing images in terms of forest cover and land use changes. This includes converting the images into GIS format, land and forest cover analyses and preparing paper maps.
- Organize and conduct field verification of detected forest cover change as required.
- Prepare information on the scope of illegal logging in the selected areas. This includes preparation of power point presentations showing forest cover change over time and new illegal logging hotspots
- Prepare relevant maps and other information material for Forestry Information Centers under establishment in West Kalimantan. Maintain WEBGIS system of the Information Centers
- Disseminate information on the level of illegal logging in the selected areas at local meetings and workshops.
- Participate in project public relations functions and
relevant exhibitions as requested by supervisors
- Assist the Publications and Awareness Project Officer with the preparation of information material related to the incidences of illegal logging detected in the selected target areas.
Qualification and skills:
- University degree or other sound education in relevant field
- More than 5 years working experience working with GIS/ Remote Sensing applications
- Computer literate and advanced skills in MS Office, Arclnfo ArcGlS, Erdas Imagine
- Experience in analyzing remote sensing imagery in terms for forest and land cover
- Experience in producing GIS forest cover and land use maps Experience in establishing remote sensing based monitoring systems for change in forest cover
- Good oral and written skills in English will be an advantage
Please send an application letter, complete curriculum vitae, a recent photo to be received not later than 20 April 2009 to:
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER
EC-Indonesia Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Support Project
Kantor Dinas Kehutanan, Jl. Sultan Abdulrahman No. 137, Pontianak 78116 West Kalimantan
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted